Another project from back in 2005/2006.
This loft was a great project with a lot of interesting challenges. This townhouse had a 2 story vaulted ceiling above the living room, dining room and kitchen and was designed in such a way that a loft would fit nicely above the dining room dividing wall. By installing the loft with a lot of natural cherry trim it really warmed up the space, gave the dining room a much better sense of scale and sophistication and added ~150 square feet to a modest size townhouse.
- I designed and built this project from end to end
- Solid cherry railings with hand and floating toe rail
- Solid cherry custom access ladder
- Can lights including detailed alcove for displaying art or similar highlights
- Antiqued Maple flooring
- Storage compartment to store ladder out of the way when not in use
- Stainless steel hardware, grab bars, and matching cherry ladder storage compartment to match with existing kitche
- Blending knock texture between new and old work
- Building a 9′ custom ladder
- Working in a tight space and protecting the rest of the townhouse